Old August 18th 14, 12:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default On the fly Transport Disruption ?

"Paul Corfield" wrote

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 23:33:54 +0100, "Michael R N Dolbear"

wrote:

About 11 an I was on a Jubilee line train at Waterloo intending to go to
Prince Regent DLR for EXCEL East, there was a long delay before starting
and
then "points failure at North Greenwich " and "there may be delays even
when
we start".

So I set off, (W&C to Bank then DLR), and only took 15 extra minutes.

Was there a better alternative ?

.. I doubt it. The only other options that sping to mind would be
Waterloo East - Greenwich for the DLR and then a change at Canary
Wharf and Poplar.

.. Or Waterloo East - Woolwich Arsenal then DLR to Canning Town and
change.

.. Another tube option would be to Bank then Central Line to Stratford
then DLR from there (long way round for a short cut).

.. Both options would get you there but not sure about frequency or
engineering works on a weekend.

Is there any travel planner which accepts things like "not Jubilee" ?

.. No idea - I hardly ever Journey Planners for trips in London. I use my
head and a map!

Yes but I want a method that works when tired and forgetful

And gives me an estimate of the 'best' re-route.

Like what that would be on a Sunday (no W&C) ?

--
Mike D