Old April 20th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Solar Pennguin Solar Pennguin is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

"Paul Dicken" wrote in message

Attitude is the issue and I agree that the intention is the most important
thing. However, 'wheelchair-bound' makes me wince (as it does most
wheelchair users) because people are not bound to their chairs - we sleep

in
a bed, shower in a shower/bath and so on.

How many people (wheelchar users or otherwise) take baths or use a bed *in*
*a* *tube* *station*? That is the context in which Clive's original
"wheelchair bound passengers" remark was made, and it still seems the most
accurate expression for this context.