Old September 2nd 14, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:27:49 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:16:52 on
Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Recliner remarked:
North is the impression I get from this pictu

http://www.gatwickobviously.com/debate

That looks like it's just about on the position of the current A23. It
shows the new terminal building as being, as one would expect, about
as far south of the current runway as the current main terminal is
north of it. It's quite a distance from the current railway station,
much further than the North terminal.

The current main terminal is alongside the station!

Of course I know that -- I have used Gatwick, you know. I was
obviously talking about how far the new terminal would be from the
existing south terminal and the railway station.

http://goo.gl/maps/ohZXO

And if you draw another arc mirroring the shuttle to the north terminal
(you aren't getting confused by the satellite I hope) it'll end up
exactly where the new terminal is pictured, just south of the eastern
end of the existing runway.

No, it's nearly twice as far. A flipped arc would get you just beyond
the end of the runway, not the terminal.

And, no, I'm obviously not confused by the satellite (I'm not Mr
Bell). I've used it both when it had its little shuttle train, and
since that was removed.