Old April 20th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

only thoes users who are truly wheelchair-bound who need special
provision.
Clive's phrase is the more accurate one in this context.

snip
IMO, the intention's the main thing.

Attitude is the issue and I agree that the intention is the most important
thing. However, 'wheelchair-bound' makes me wince (as it does most
wheelchair users) because people are not bound to their chairs - we sleep in
a bed, shower in a shower/bath and so on. Take your cue from the disabled
person - use the language they do! Political correctness is a nightmare!

The only attitude which I can't abide is the one which goes through
well known texts with a red pen - take for instance the line in the
Xmas carol It Came Upon A Midnight Clear "Peace on the Earth, goodwill
to men" - and deems that some group may take offence at it due to an
utterly spurious interpretation a 7-year old could see was incorrect.