Old September 3rd 14, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default London Underground ticket office changes - your chance to comment

On 2014-09-03 14:51:11 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Although you need to carry the railcard with you, to prove it's really
the entitled person travelling and not an unentitled person you lent
the card to.

To get checked approximately once every blue moon if ever. I think
I've seen a manual on-train grip on the Tube precisely once. And since
the bendy buses went away I haven't seen one on a bus either (though
they may exist on Bozza buses). (Bus drivers demonstrably don't check
for anything other than a green light and a beep)

Neil
--
Neil Williams