Old September 3rd 14, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Underground ticket office changes - your chance to comment

On 2014-09-03 14:51:11 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Although you need to carry the railcard with you, to prove it's really
the entitled person travelling and not an unentitled person you lent
the card to.

To get checked approximately once every blue moon if ever. I think I've
seen a manual on-train grip on the Tube precisely once. And since the
bendy buses went away I haven't seen one on a bus either (though they
may exist on Bozza buses). (Bus drivers demonstrably don't check for
anything other than a green light and a beep)

Ticket checks by RPIs on London buses are a fairly common occurrence.

Gatelines can be configured to flag up passengers using discounted
tickets (inc. Oyster cards) for RPIs to check, which happens every now
and then.