Old April 20th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Tube Map + Property Values

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 at 23:17:17, John Rowland
wrote:

The dangerous parts of London are quiet and suffer from poor transport
links. The immediate vicinites of tube stations do not qualify. The only
real exception to this is Brixton, which I have always found to have a
mildly menacing atmosphere, but so long as you leave the station and walk
briskly like you know where you are going, and do not allow yourself to be
seen using a map either on the train after Stockwell or after leaving the
train, you will be fine there in daytime or even up to about midnight.

Oddly, I prefer Brixton to Clapham North, which I do dislike, especially
walking down that horrid spiral staircase. I'll use it if I must, but
I'd rather go to Brixton (but life is too short to bother changing at
Stockwell unless I really have to go into Brixton first!) At least
Brixton has plenty of staff about, and rather obvious CCTVs.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004