Old September 6th 14, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

On 02/09/2014 12:08, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:50:51 on Tue, 2 Sep
2014, Someone Somewhere remarked:
I haven't looked at the schedules but I can well believe every London
airport has several flights a day to particular european destinations
that could easily be consolidated into less "movements" in larger,
more efficient, planes if that were the case.

Heathrow/Gatwick don't have flights to very many European destinations.
That market is dominated by low-cost airlines from other airports.

I did say "particular" and I did say "every London airport" not just
Gatwick and Heathrow. I can imagine that flights to Amsterdam for
example are pretty much available from every London airport (not
counting piddling ones like Southend)