Old September 6th 14, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:26:20 +0100
Recliner wrote:
I think that people like Boltar, with a fear of flying, rationalise it

Who said anything about a fear of flying? Though it is the most miserable
and
unpleasent way to travel long distance this side of a NEx bus.

by asserting that flying is a bad idea for everyone. That way, they
don't feel they're losing out so much.

Its a bad idea for the enviroment.

As someone who:

Rarely has a car, usually travelling by bus/train/walk/bike

Keeps the thermostat down low so as not to over heat the house

always takes my own reusable bags to the supermarket

Puts everything possible in the recycling bag

never disposes of material things until they have worn out

and never in my life have I thrown away a food item because I let it get out
of date/go stale

I have a problem with someone else deciding what particular things I have to
do to make my contribution to saving the planet

tim