Old September 8th 14, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

On 08/09/2014 09:02, d wrote:

JNugent wrote:
d wrote:
JNugent wrote:
d wrote:

But what I'm saying is there should be a limit on flights.

Why?

Are you unable to read or just stupid?

Neither of those.

And yet...

Try and figure it out from previous posts.

Why?

Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Your previous posts in this thread do not explain where you got this
idea that your desires and wishes are more important than those of others.

Or perhaps you could reference the post which contained justification
(if justification it is)?

Are you unable to justify your desire to prevent others from living
their lives as they wish and to force them to be like you?

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

At the very least, you need to demonstrate that your rights are superior
to everyone else's.

It's probably best for others not to hold their breath waiting for that,
though.

Like the market took care of acid rain, NOx in car exhaust, DDT etc?

Those things are not subject to market pressures so you wouldn't expect
the market to "deal" with them. Not if you have any common sense, at least.

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

They aren't.

They are subject to legislation.

Legislation is not the market, though it can have the effect of looking
like it.

Do you actually know anything about economics?

Somewhat more than you apparently.

Hardly.

Sometimes that self interest needs to be tempered in the
interests of everyone as a whole.

And you should be the temperer, right?

Why not?

Well, at least you're consistent in your megalomania.

Who should do it,

Everyone should do it for themselves individually, the aggregate of
their wishes and actions being known as "the market".

I thought you claimed to *know* about economics?

you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack attitude?

You are, of course, describing your own, utterly selfish and
self-centred attitude there. You don't want to fly and so you see no
reason why others should.