Old September 8th 14, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

On Monday, 8 September 2014 15:08:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On 08.09.14 12:11, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at

03:04:09 on Mon, 8 Sep 2014, Matthew Dickinson

remarked:

I just got an Epsom + Z1-6 Travelcard on my Southern Key card. It seems

to operate gates as fast as Oyster, and the journey history shows up on

the web page within half an hour, rather than next day for Oyster.

Things seem to be looking up for ITSO. I think we might have been

expecting the extension to Travelcards to go live at the earliest *next*

week, after the Thameslink franchise changes hands and

contactless-on-the-tube goes public.

Meanwhile, I was in Edinburgh over the weekend and tried out my Scotrail

ITSO card on one of the TVMs. It took *ages* to read the card (two to

three seconds) but did then offer me a range of Scotrail destinations to

buy a walk-up day ticket to. I didn't actually try buying one.

I wonder when other agencies besides London will start to accept

contactless. Besides London, IIRC, Bergen is the only other place to

accept contactless as payment.

TfGM have mentioned it.

https://www.getmethere.com/web/tfgm_...e#a-card-types