Old September 8th 14, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default As predicted, Boris Island sunk

On 08/09/2014 12:47, d wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 11:57:16 +0100
JNugent wrote:
On 08/09/2014 09:02,
d wrote:

Well you see , the point of a post is so you can read it and the point
doesn't have to be made again for people too stupid to understand it
first time.

Your previous posts in this thread do not explain where you got this
idea that your desires and wishes are more important than those of others.

Ah, he we go - the flip it routine. Pretend your stance is mine. Do try
harder.

You are the one who wants to control others. Not I.

Everyone living their lives exactly the way they want with no regards to
anyone else is whats known as anarchy.

Your living your life exactly the way you want to and preventing others
from living theirs as they wish to is known as sociopathy.

See above.

See what above?

At the very least, you need to demonstrate that your rights are superior
to everyone else's.

Odd that because you seem to be of the attitude that "I want to fly and should
be allowed to fly whenever I want where I want because thats more important
than ANY other consideration". Right?

Wrong.

I do not expect to be able to obtain any service without paying the
market price for it. The market factors in other peoples' needs for
scarce resources which have alternative uses.

Oh, well do explain how aircraft noise and pollution is subject to market
pressures then.

They aren't.
They are subject to legislation.
Legislation is not the market, though it can have the effect of looking

Oh well done, at least you have half a clue. Now do you think that legislation
would have come about if left purely to the market? No, I don't think so.

Are you mad?

How on Earth could the market produce legislation?

Who - in their right mind - would suggest such a thing?

Hardly.

LOL. Ok, if you say so )

Who should do it,

Everyone should do it for themselves individually, the aggregate of
their wishes and actions being known as "the market".

The market has its place, but it needs to be managed. Give it free reign
and there's chaos.

I thought you claimed to *know* about economics?

You might want to revisit the last few years wrt the banks to understand where
an essentially unregulated market eventually ends up.

That has nothing to do with unregulated markets and everything to do
with banks doing what the government told them to so.

But you thought for a moment you were on safer ground with a spot of
bank-bashing, no matter how ill-informed.

you with your screw everyone else, I'm alright jack attitude?

You are, of course, describing your own, utterly selfish and
self-centred attitude there. You don't want to fly and so you see no
reason why others should.

Care to repost where I said that?

One would not expect even you to say it in those terms.

But you have said, more than once, that you want access to flying
restricted.

Oh, thats right, I didn't.

Well, you don't realise what you have said.

All I'm saying is the number of flights should be limited, not left to the
market because enviromental considerations in this case are more important.

And you say that that is different from preventing people from flying,
do you?

Or perhaps you are really arguing that only the very rich should be
allowed to fly (because that's how it used to be).