Old April 20th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Level Crossings on busy lines

I'm interested in level crossings on busy lines. For example, on the
line between Richmond and Barnes, which carries 17 trains per hour in
the peak*, there are several crossings. One of these is on Vine Road in
Barnes, which also has another a few yards away crossing the Hounslow
Loop. As the latter has at least another 8tph, car drivers on that road
have 25 tph to contend with.

Are there other crossings in London or elsewhere over lines that are as
busy as this?

* 10 up and 7 down trains between 08:00 and 09:00 according to the TfL
Journey Planner.

--
Richard J.