Old September 9th 14, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

David Cantrell wrote on 09 September 2014
12:25:34 ...
On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 10:09:46PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

Inevitably there will be false positives [a penalty fare charged when
not warranted] which should make a good story in the next day's Evening
Standard. Assuming that anyone notices, which I'm sure TfL will be
hoping they won't.

I've been using Oyster PAYG instead of a paper travelcard for the last
few months. I don't trust it, so check my journey history every morning.
I find that it has screwed up, on average, once a week. And only once
has it screwed up in my favour by completely missing a journey. Every
other time it overcharged me.

Can you give some examples of how this happened? Did the system fail to
register a touch-in/out, or has it miscalculated the fare for the time
of day that you travelled, or what?
--
Richard J.