Old September 10th 14, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ITSO Travelcards

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 10:39:28AM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:23:21 on
Tue, 9 Sep 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
Inspectors request a print out from the ticket machine on boarding the
bus. This has a list of any CPCs used on that trip which the
inspectors then use to check against any cards presented by a
passenger.

A wonderfully manual way of implementing an e-ticket system!

It's not a particularly stupid way of doing occasional ticket
inspections.

As bad as
MegaTrain, where they check off your P@H tickets from a manual list at
the gateline.

No, it's completely different. What you describe for Megatrain (who
dat?) sounds like something they do all the time, for all journeys. What
Mr. Corfield describes is something that will happen occasionally, for a
tiny minority of journeys.

"TfL is starting to issue inspectors with portable card readers which
will be able to read the card???s recent journey history."

Which contradicts what I thought I'd read about contactless card
technology and the ability to store recent transactions on the card

That could be a poor description of a device that reads the card's
number from the card and checks that it has been used to pay for a
fare on that bus.

Are you feeling bored? depressed? slowed down? Evil Scientists may
be manipulating the speed of light in your vicinity. Buy our patented
instructional video to find out how, and maybe YOU can stop THEM