Old September 10th 14, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:27:23 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:34:18 on
Wed, 10 Sep 2014, David Walters remarked:

but the exit gate also displayed my fare. I've just checked the online
version and that is matching what I expected to pay and what was shown
on the gate.

I'm not really sure how that happened.

If the gates are online to the "back office" it could be possible to
calculate and display the fare since the last 'touch', but this isn't
the same as a running total for the day.

I think another number

What sort of number - a sum of money, error message...

Perhaps a sum of money but I'm really not sure.

was displayed in the space I would expect to see
remaining Oyster balance

Hold on - are there two places at a gate that numbers are displayed, the
one you first mentioned and also the "Oyster balance space"?

IIRC the Oyster pad display or gate display, depending on the age of the
gate, shows something like EXIT on the first line and your balance in
brackets at the start of the second line and the fare for the journey
at the end of the second line.

http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/wp-co...2/Barriers.jpg
shows a gate on exit. The detail isn't there to read the numbers but
there are two shown.