Old September 10th 14, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

On 10/09/2014 14:44, David Walters wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:31:42 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
The one thing that ****es me off is that I will often touch in at
Thornton Heath a minute or so before the 09:30 cut-off for off-peak
fares, but the next train doesn't leave until after the cut-off.
Therefore I think I should be charged at the off-peak rate.

That's not my experience. I used to catch a 0926 train from Oakleigh
Park which was frequently a few minutes late. There are validators on
the platform and as long as I touched in at 0927 or later I would pay
an off-peak fare.

Yep, there's a leeway of I think 3 minutes in favour of the punter - so
an 0927 touch-in should get you an off-peak fare.

That train has now been re-timed and is scheduled to depart at 0925
which it usually does IME so I've ended up paying more.