Old September 11th 14, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

In message , at 23:06:11 on
Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I'm much less informed about the CPC stuff. I understand the issue of
requiring PIN validation after so many "wave and pay" ones. I thought
TfL had negotiated a way round this but again I can't point to
anything in detail.

Building on my posting from yesterday, I think we know that TfL CPC
transactions are all "zero pence", so that would mean the CPC's internal
"money spent since the last PIN transaction" counter won't be
incrementing each time.

All we'd need then is for, either built in by default, or as a special
TfL feature, for the "number of waves" counter not to increment either
when it sees a zero-value transaction or a TfL transaction. Perhaps such
functionality would be inherent in TfL's readers.

Of course, the most recent conventional transaction might have been the
one which tripped the counters into the state of "ask for a PIN next
time", but that can't be done at a TfL gate so postponing it for the
next conventional transaction must be inherent in the design.