Old April 21st 04, 12:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Tube Map + Property Values

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 at 23:17:17, John Rowland
wrote:

The dangerous parts of London are quiet and suffer from poor
transport links. The immediate vicinites of tube stations do not
qualify. The only real exception to this is Brixton, which I have
always found to have a mildly menacing atmosphere, but so long as
you leave the station and walk briskly like you know where you are
going, and do not allow yourself to be seen using a map either on
the train after Stockwell or after leaving the train, you will be
fine there in daytime or even up to about midnight.

Oddly, I prefer Brixton to Clapham North, which I do dislike,
especially walking down that horrid spiral staircase. I'll use it
if I must, but I'd rather go to Brixton (but life is too short to
bother changing at Stockwell unless I really have to go into
Brixton first!) At least Brixton has plenty of staff about, and
rather obvious CCTVs.

Highbury and Islington (silverlink platforms) is a rather unpleasant
place to wait for a train, although entertainment is provided in the
form of occasional violent spectacles. I also find the experience of
catching the North London Line quite unpleasant. I had a rather scary
journey once where a man seemed to spend the entire journey eyeing up
my bike for stealability. That made me decide that taking my bike on
the North London line at 11:00 at night was probably a bad idea,
although if I'd been sensible I'd have realised that a lot sooner.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
"Dust Hill guy likes the Gordon clock"

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.