Old September 12th 14, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

On Friday, 12 September 2014 18:09:19 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:54:57 on

Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:

I just got an Epsom + Z1-6 Travelcard on my Southern Key card. It seems to operate gates as fast as Oyster, and the journey history shows up

on the web page within half an hour, rather than next day for Oyster.

I've travelled around with it quite a bit in the last few days. The only problem I've had is the gateline at St Pancras Low Level not

recognising it.

Oh well Govia can get cracking with fixing that when they take over at

0200 on Sunday!

it's rather odd that a Zone 1 gateline should not recognise a valid

Travelcard product. I wonder if it was down to an ITSO card not being

recognised in which it's possibly hardware or software or both.

Could be something to do with the multiple domestic gate-lines within

the complex (unless some are combined there are eight: SPILL, MML,

Hi-Speed, East Coast, FCC [rip], Northern, Western and Classic tube

halls).

Perhaps they haven't properly fettled all of them?

The error code I got was 57, which basically means out of zone.

The High Speed gateline doesn't have any card readers installed, and I'm not sure whether the ITSO only EMT gateline would be considered to be in a Travelcard zone.