Old September 16th 14, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In message , at 11:10:14 on Tue, 16 Sep
2014, Mizter T remarked:
Starts today, and featured on BBC TV local news.

Unhelpfully they show someone touching a reader and being told they've
been charged £1.35, that must be a bus, shirley?

Could be a discounted PAYG journey on rail. The bus fare was £1.35
two years ago and I don't think any CPC functionality was live back
then. [...]

It was - CPC payments went live on London buses on 13 December 2012.

(Discounts - Railcards etc - can't be associated with CPCs.)

So perhaps a bit of "library footage" from 2012?

ps What's the bus fare now? The TfL site is always extraordinarily
reluctant to discuss actual fares, other than "how to pay". But I
thought I found a reference to £1.35 today.