Old September 16th 14, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

On 16/09/2014 11:49, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
Starts today, and featured on BBC TV local news.

Unhelpfully they show someone touching a reader and being told they've
been charged £1.35, that must be a bus, shirley?

Could be a discounted PAYG journey on rail. The bus fare was £1.35
two years ago and I don't think any CPC functionality was live back
then. [...]

It was - CPC payments went live on London buses on 13 December 2012.

(Discounts - Railcards etc - can't be associated with CPCs.)

So perhaps a bit of "library footage" from 2012?

Presumably so (I didn't see it).

ps What's the bus fare now? The TfL site is always extraordinarily
reluctant to discuss actual fares, other than "how to pay". But I
thought I found a reference to £1.35 today.

£1.45 (daily cap is £4.40).

From the home page - "Fares & payments" on the top bar, then on the
this is the bit that's not remotely intuitive - you land on the "Tube,
DLR and LO" fares page and then you need to click "Bus & tram" on the
right-hand side menu to get there...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/fares/bus-and-tram

Likewise, you need to click "National Rail" on that right-hand side menu
to get to the NR Oyster fares.