Old September 17th 14, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In message , at 13:16:01 on Wed, 17 Sep
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
Southern and the DfT have been launching the "Travelcard on ITSO"
functionality for the Southern "The Key" today. I saw something on
Twitter but no press releases were around earlier.

I hadn't noticed that, thanks. Apparently it went operational (some
would call that a 'soft-launch') about three weeks ago.

A little bit more than a soft launch perhaps:

http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news/...ies_problems_w
ith_electronic_travel_card_at_Epsom_station/

"The Key was being promoted at Epsom station last Thursday (in August)"

Meanwhile, I haven't seen today's launch on any of the news sites.