Old April 21st 04, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Harrow and Wealdstone named London rail station of the year

Mait001 wrote:

It rather reminds me of the awful muzak(sp?) which used to be played in
Waterloo Station in the 1970s/80s - remember that?!

Yes. Martial music, which kept the crowds of commuters moving.

--
John Ray, London UK.

John, to be honest I couldn't remember what type of music it was, and I
certainly had forgotten that this was the reason it was played!

The thought of thousands of commuters emerging from 4-SUBs and 2-EPBs etc.
marching in quick time fills me with some amusement!

Marc.