Old September 17th 14, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

On 17/09/2014 19:45, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:55:13 on Wed, 17 Sep
2014, Mizter T remarked:

This vapourware concept you're so very keen on and contactless in
London - how do you describe it - the gases have now solidified?

It's a product that long conformed to the definition:

"Has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it
is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed."

I'd add the rider that such a thing is especially vapourous if it fails
to meet several announced release dates.

It's taken almost two years to move it on from buses to the rest of the
TfL estate, for example.

It's here and is working right now. That doesn't seem very vapourous to me.

It wasn't heavily advertised to the public at large for years either.
Yes, there were vague, broad time scales on the relevant project page of
the TfL website that slipped, but (apart from people who take joy in
pointing out how rubbish everything is) people weren't waiting on baited
breath for it to appear.

TfL met their announced, specific , solid 'go-live' date of 16 September.

Delayed (but working), not vapour.