Old September 17th 14, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
13:32:34 on Wed, 17 Sep 2014,
remarked:
Now that CPC is fully rolled out, I expect we'll see more information
about both TfL's position on this issue and also war stories from
disappointed would-be travellers.

One question that occurs to me is whether railcard discounts will be
available with contactless cards if so, how?

Currently a bald "no". From the TfL FAQ:

"If you're eligible for discounted travel, you should carry on using
your existing Oyster card or Oyster photocard.

Discounts can't be added to contactless payment cards. This includes
all National Railcard discounts."

I thought so but wonder why. If the processing is all in the back office why
can't railcards be associated with the accounts there? Or is that another
one of your apparently simple developments we'll have to wait for? :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel