Old September 17th 14, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In message , at
12:07:16 on Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
TfGM have announced plans for Manchester.

https://www.getmethere.com/web/tfgm_...e#a-card-types

"**In later phases** of get me there,

So that's straight into my vapourware file I'm afraid

you'll be able to use your contactless bank card to travel on
Metrolink by simply using it to touch in and out, without having to
buy a travelcard or load on travel credit first. The cost of all the
journeys you make in a day will be totted up by get me there and
charged to your bank account at the end of the day.

I wonder if Virgin will have problems with Euston - Manchester Piccadilly
travellers thinking they can use contactless for the whole journey..?

If you can get onto one of the Virgin platforms at Manchester as a
result, maybe so. Similarly northbound.