Old September 17th 14, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In message , at 20:20:54 on Wed, 17 Sep
2014, " remarked:
TfGM have announced plans for Manchester.

https://www.getmethere.com/web/tfgm_...e#a-card-types

I wonder if Virgin will have problems with Euston - Manchester Piccadilly travellers thinking they can use contactless for the whole
journey..?

Travellers will eventually be able to use contactless for the whole
journey. They might even introduce it from the very start to help
increase passenger volumes between the two points. Add a very small
premium to same-day travel using contactless. I'm guessing that
businesses would be happy to pay that.

Unless, like mine, the sort of bank cards issued on business accounts
aren't contactless-enabled. I don't know how much that's the banks
arse-covering, or whether businesses are also a bit leery of staff
running around with such transiently auditable ways of grabbing £100's
of pounds from their coffers.