Old September 18th 14, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

On 2014-09-18 20:00:41 +0000, said:

Is that significant for CPCs, though? Everything about them is stored at the
back office.

It might well not be in practice. People are fairly unlikely to hand
their contactless cards around to their mates - they could spend what
they liked if you did - I certainly wouldn't unless it was someone
travelling with me, in which case it would be passed to them at the
barrier and taken back afterwards. Whereas they might well pass
Oysters around, because the amount on it is all that is at risk.

Neil
--
Neil Williams