Old July 19th 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Roger H. Bennett Roger H. Bennett is offline

Default Crossrail

"Dave" wrote in message
I was thinking of intercity journeys but not necessarily intercity
trains. A regional train from Peterborough or Cambridge, with limited
stops, could provide a more attractive alternative than going to Kings
Cross, changing to the Tube, then changing again at another London
terminus.

Those are what are what is meant by 'regional' journeys.

Sorry, I meant to say a more attractive alternative to passengers from
Yorkshire, the North-East, etc., changing at Peterborough, Hitchin or the
like onto a fast cross-London train. Much as is available to passengers
from the East Midlands by changing at Luton.

Roger