Old September 19th 14, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo Line Extension

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 05:26:03PM +0200, Robin9 wrote:

I've just read an article in today's Evening Standard about some London

Assembly politicians disagreeing with a southward extension of the
Bakerloo Line.
I didn't know an extension was being seriously considered - in fact I
still don't -
but apparently the Mayor has instructed TfL to plan an extension via
Lewisham
to Bromley. According to the Standard, those disagreeing feel an
extension in a
more south-westerly direction would serve Londoners better.

I expect that they mean it would serve their constituents better.

The south west already has a little bit of service from the District
line. The south already has a little bit of service from the Northern
line. the south east has ****-all.

Only some sort of ghastly dehumanised moron would want to get
rid of Routemasters
-- Ken Livingstone, four years before he got rid of 'em