Old September 19th 14, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless on the tube and rail

In message , at 13:00:33
on Fri, 19 Sep 2014, David Cantrell remarked:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 04:23:17PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
Paul Corfield remarked:
the key problem is avoiding fraud / misuse.

Yes, because everyone is nowadays guilty unless proved innocent. Chavs
rule.

It would be much more convenient for me if I could just travel whenever
the hell I wanted without being bothered by pesky ticket barriers and
the like and just tell TfL how much I owe them at the end of the year.

That's an annual all-zones Travelcard I suppose?

The key problem is not avoiding abuse or assuming everyone is guilty,
it's finding and striking the right balance between fraud (and knowing
that some people *are* guilty) and fraud prevention and ease of use and
features and ...

It's really easy to avoid all fraud and misuse if that's all you care
about.

See Richmond, and the £40k Oyster-banker from Kent. No, avoiding all
fraud isn't easy. Sometimes, catching the more extreme instances of
fraud is possible.