Old April 21st 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Tube Map + Property Values

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 at 14:46:22, Ben Nunn wrote:

But there are little-used mainline stations in London which are worse.
Loughborough junction is utterly derilect, and Streatham is now pretty
menacing.

LJ is a lot better than it was 3-4 years ago, they seem to have
refurbished it. Streatham is, I agree, vile. I get a train from there
2 mornings/week, and there is nowhere decent to wait - lots of people
wait upstairs until the train is actually approaching. But you can
scarcely call it little-used, though - there are always loads of people
waiting for the 10.04, and in the evenings, you have to queue to get
out!

But, oh, THAMESLINK!!!! Why is it that the 10.04, which is the train I
try to catch, is almost invariably late? The one day it wasn't, I
missed it (sods' law!).....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004