Old September 24th 14, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default All-night Tube trains from Sep 2015

On 2014-09-24 10:42:15 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

Whether people want to pay two fares - tube and connecting bus -
compared to a single bus fare on a direct night bus remains to be
seen.

Time for me to moot the idea of a full Verbundtarif again, which would
remove discrepancies like these? Or at the very least connectional
Tube-bus fares, which would retain the motivation not to use the Tube
when busy and still tick the "bus is cheaper for those of limited
income" box?

By that I mean that if you make a Tube journey, connecting bus journeys
would be included in the price. This would avoid the currently very
unfair situation where those not served directly by the Tube are
further disadvantaged by paying more. Not to mention the bus
equivalent, where those journeys requiring two buses are penalised.

Neil
--
Neil Williams