Old September 24th 14, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] srfurley@googlemail.com is offline

Default DLR Oyster validator

On Friday, 29 February 2008 10:53:04 UTC, MIG wrote:

I've never bothered to touch a travelcard on a bendy bus. On a bus I
can't see that there's any possibility of this being fare-evasion,
since there can be no extended zones involved.

What about Tramlink? They used to have notices warning of dire consequences of not touching in at the start of a journey, and stated that this applied even if an Oyster had a valid bus pass or Travelcard loaded. I'm not sure if these notices are still in place; I seldom use the system because it doesn't go anywhere that I often want to go. They also stated that it was necessary to touch in when changing from one tram route to another, which it had never occurred to me to do because it would be like changing from say Victoria to Northern Line at Euston.

What about a DLR journey which I did make recently, for Open House weekend. I Traveled to Stratford on the original line via Pudding Mill Lane and then changed there onto the other DLR line to get to Star Lane then walked to Cody Dock. Is it necessary to touch out when leaving platform 4 a or b when changing to a train on the former North London Line platforms?