Old October 2nd 14, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default London Underground on Wednesday, 1 October,2014.

Walter Briscoe wrote:
Wednesday, 1 October was not a good day for London Underground.
Paddington signal failure about 0700 and "a person on the line" to
Hammersmith (Hammersmith & City) about 1100. Does that mean "one under"?

I don't think so. More likely to mean a reported trespasser, I think?

A train failure at Tottenham Court Road before 0700 resulted in no
Central Line service between Liverpool Street and Marble Arch until
about noon.
Alternative reports of emergency engineering works made me guess the
failed train hit something.

It's happened before on the Central Line.

Loss of the Central line seemed to overload
the westbound Jubilee. I boarded the fourth arriving train at London
Bridge about 0830. ;(

Peak-time Jubilee line services are packed in Central London even when
nothing goes wrong. They really do need those extra trains, to run a more
frequent service.

I suppose the day continued in kind.

The failure rate seems much lower than it was about 5 years ago. Double
failures are now rare. 40% delay improvement claims seem pessimistic.

TfL certainly claims that the service is much more reliable these days.