Old October 3rd 14, 05:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default Possible to buy a single Tube ticket / inboundary Travelcard miles away from London?

Mizter T wrote:

Question from a friend, but I'm curious too.

Is it possible to buy a single London Underground ticket (e.g. zone 1
only) from an NR ticket office many miles away from London (in this
case Yorkshire)?

Ditto for buying an inboundary Day Travelcard (i.e. zones 1-6)?

FWIW, in this case, using contactless cards aren't an option, nor is
Oyster (several are travelling, but either not enough for the 10+
Tube Group ticket, or else they wouldn't be able to travel all
together - I'm a bit murky on the details of this endeavour).

I know it's possible to get online booking engines to offer
inboundary Day Travelcards, but they can't be made to offer single
Tube tickets.

Can an NR ticket office sell them? I've had a quick fiddle with
BRfares.com ("zone u1* Londn" etc) without much luck.

Yes, they both can be sold at any NR station, although it is possible
the clerk may not know how to.

For a single LU journey, it would be origin "London Terminals" and
destination "Zone U1* Londn". For a travelcard it is origin any station
in London, destination "London Zones 1-6".

Have you already bought your rail tickets? It would be cheaper to buy a
through ticket to Zone U1.

Peter Smyth