Old October 3rd 14, 08:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Possible to buy a single Tube ticket / inboundary Travelcard miles away from London?

"Mizter T" wrote Question from a friend, but I'm curious too.

Is it possible to buy a single London Underground ticket (e.g. zone 1

only) from an NR ticket office many miles away from London (in this case
Yorkshire)?

Ditto for buying an inboundary Day Travelcard (i.e. zones 1-6)?

This latter I can confirm works fine.

As I previously noted under the "cheaper to buy two tickets" idea

From out in the sticks/ beyond the zones (Surrey) I asked for a off-peak
return to Surbiton (Z6) and a ODTC /from/ Surbiton and got them.

--
Mike D