Old October 6th 14, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Croxley Link

In message of Mon, 6 Oct
2014 19:25:11 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 10:20:24 -0700 (PDT), Piatkow
wrote:

You could have made all the same ridership arguements about reopening
the North London Line to Stratford and look how busy it is now!

Considering what traffic in Watford is like whenever I visit I would
expect abstraction from both bus and car traffic as well as new
journey opportunities.
The link caters for travel to Watford from a large slice of north west
London and travel to the Harrow and Wembley areas from Watford and
interchange at Watford Junction for journeys that would otherwise
require travel to central London.

I never understand why some people are convinced that public transport
is only used to commute to Central London.

And yet if you look at patronage on the DC line into Watford Junction
it's not exactly overburdened with passengers north of Harrow nor does
it carry a lot of local traffic. Hopefully the new extension of the
Met will encourage some transfer from cars but it really depends on
whether people find the stations in Watford to be convenient to use. A
second factor will be how convenient transfers from Amersham line
trains will be at Moor Park.

I actually think Amersham, or even Aylesbury, to Watford Junction via
the north curve is the service that would do well and would take
traffic off the roads. Whether that will be deemed feasible or
desirable is a separate issue.

I think the same. The first thing is to have Chiltern stop at Moor Park
to allow improved interchange between the Watford service and the
Amersham/Aylesbury service.

On 10 March 2014 11:24:57, I got this from Chiltern Customer Services:
"It is not within our Franchise Agreement to stop at this particular
station and at present, there are not any plans to do so".
I failed to find contact details for the franchisor.

I am expecting a reply to a similar question to http://www.croxleyraill
ink.com/contact-us/general-project-queries.htm by 9/10/14.
Sadly, it is one of those sites which does not send enquiry copies.
TfL has another and I generally avoid it.
I should have emailed ; 0800 6125240 is the
chasing number.

With the revised service to Watford, I think it will be daft for
Chiltern not to stop at Moor Park.
--
Walter Briscoe