Old October 6th 14, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
01:55:00 on Mon, 6 Oct 2014,
remarked:
Once you've topped up once this way, isn't it better to switch to auto
top-up? It doesn't apply to me any more, as a lucky Freedom
passholder, but as I recall, once your on-line top-up has been
successfully collected from a gate, subsequent auto top-ups don't need
this form of validation.

Why on earth would anyone who visits London 2 or 3 times a year have any
use for auto-top up?

To avoid having to queue to top-up when they do arrive in London. I
know you don't like having more than a couple of quid on your Oyster
card but others could appreciate the convenience. I used to (when
travelling down from Nottingham where the typical train fare was
already £75 a trip).

I never queue for top-ups because I mainly use Oyster Ticket Stops. But then
I spend well under £20 a year on Oyster. Would anyone visiting 2 or 3 times
a year spend even that?

--
Colin Rosenstiel