Old October 7th 14, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card

On 07/10/2014 12:42, David Cantrell wrote:

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 06:26:53PM -0500, wrote:

I never queue for top-ups because I mainly use Oyster Ticket Stops.

People visiting 2 or 3 times a year will typically arrive in London at a
main line station. AFAIK there aren't any ticket stops in stations, so
they're obviously going to have to queue at a ticket machine or office
unless they use auto-topup.

One thing I think that many visitors might not realise is that many
National Rail/TOC TVMs can also do Oyster top-ups - not all of them,
e.g. East Coast at King's Cross or Virgin Trains at Euston (though there
are other TVMs at King's Cross and Euston - those of Great Northern and
London Midland - that can handle Oyster, though these TVMs might be
somewhat off the beaten track).