Old April 21st 04, 11:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Tube Map + Property Values

"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

People like you and me find council estates scary
because they're alien to us - they're not like the
places where we grew up, and the people there
aren't like the people we grew up with. This has
absolutely nothing to do with their actual safety.

I'm not entirely sure if that was partly aimed at me... but I
spent my formative years a few hundred yards from Tottenham's
infamous Broadwater Farm Estate, so my reason for saying that
council estates are best avoided is nothing to do with ignorance.

I think it was more aimed at the person who seemed to be suggesting
that council estate residents are generally violent criminals. He
better hope he doesn't meet me in a dark alley late at night, I'll
teach him not to insult us council estate residents!

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
"Dust Hill guy likes the Gordon clock"

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.