Old October 8th 14, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Oyster Card

On 08/10/2014 01:17, wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 01:55:00AM -0500,
wrote:

Why on earth would anyone who visits London 2 or 3 times a year
have any use for auto-top up?

For most people the cost of auto-topup is pennies, so is far less than
the cost of queueing. Therefore auto-topup is better.

You are forgetting the non-trivial chance of losing or mislaying the card so
the whole value is lost to you, at least temporarily. TfL make a lot of
money from that. I have no intention of contributing.

But you're happy to cost TfL more money by doing small top ups in person
at ticket stops? (I presume ticket stops get paid for providing the service)