Old October 8th 14, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 10:36:00PM +0100, Theo Markettos wrote:

I suspect few non-Londoners use Ticket Stops or would know where to
find the nearest.

I'm a Londoner and I don't know where the nearest Ticket Stop is either.

A few years back, when people here were incorrectly claiming that Oyster
was great despite it not really being available south of the river (and
note that it's *still* not fully available), I had a look on TfL's
web****e, and IIRC of the few they listed close to home, one didn't
exist and one was in the wrong place. Also - and this was back in the
day when you couldn't top up at National Rail stations, so you couldn't
top up at pretty much any station south of the river - there were none
visible from the station, and none open late in the evening.

Lemme go and check again ...

[pause]

Haha, http://ticketstoplocator.tfl.gov.uk/LocationLocator/ says that
there are no ticket stops anywhere near where I live (CR7 8JH) or work
(E1 6QL) or near Victoria station (SW1E 5ND). If TfL can't find the
damned things, god help any tourist foolish enough to try to use one.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Anyone willing to give up a little fun for tolerance deserves neither