Old October 8th 14, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card

On 08/10/2014 12:24, Someone Somewhere wrote:

On 08/10/2014 11:43, David Cantrell wrote:
[...]
Lemme go and check again ...

[pause]

Haha, http://ticketstoplocator.tfl.gov.uk/LocationLocator/ says that
there are no ticket stops anywhere near where I live (CR7 8JH) or work
(E1 6QL) or near Victoria station (SW1E 5ND). If TfL can't find the
damned things, god help any tourist foolish enough to try to use one.

Yeah - it appears to be broken, go here and try again:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/oyster-ti....5217056274414

(Google still picks up the website you indicated, but navigating the
"new" TfL website takes you to the link I've supplied)

Indeed - ticket stop at Shiv's newsagent on Parchmore Road, another at
Yogi's News on Beulah Rd, another at VK News on Norbury Rd, another at
ACR Wines on Melfort Rd, another at Trpopical Fare on Brigstock Rd,
another opposite Thornton Heath station on Cotford Parade etc etc...

Re Victoria station - there's one actually in the station(Victoria News,
unit 6C), one in Terminus Place (Victoria News again), one on Buckingham
Palace Rd, one on Grosvenor Gardens, one on Vauxhall Bridge Road and so
on and so on.

As for Mr Cantrell's workplace, there's one just round the corner on
Brick Lane.

Oyster Ticket Stops are all over the place - I'd be surprised to find a
parade of shops in Greater London that didn't have one. Most shops that
do Oyster normally advertise it on their exterior - for example, like this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertoherrett/12678056684

Whether fewer shops might offer Oyster in the future, with the growth of
contactless, is a legit question.