Old October 8th 14, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card

On 08/10/2014 19:43, tim..... wrote:

"Theo Markettos" wrote:
[...]
I never queue for top-ups because I mainly use Oyster Ticket Stops.
But then I spend well under £20 a year on Oyster. Would anyone
visiting 2 or 3 times a year spend even that?

It's not hard to burn through a tenner (my standard topup) in a couple of
visits,

I find it is

If I expect to spend more than about 4 pounds per visit a network card
discounted out boundary travelcard (from my start point) works out cheaper

Well there we go, different people are different.

Also, as Colin has pointed out many times in the past, the premium Great
Northern charge for an outboundary Day Travelcard over an Off-peak day
return is significant - without a Railcard discount, it's £30.90 to
23.70 (i.e. differential of £7.20).