Old July 19th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Nick Finnigan Nick Finnigan is offline

Default the quest for safety

"Clive" wrote in message

A few years ago I was done for not obeying fixed signals. My front
wheels were about 18 inches over the white line, when I contested in
court that I hadn't gone through the junction, I was pointedly asked,
"Did my front wheels go over the line", to which I had to answer yes,
and was fined £60 and three penalty points for not obeying fixed
signals. is this the police being over zealous, or am I mot allowed to
do what the police do regularly?

You are not allowed to do what the police do.
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2002/20023113.htm#36

(a) subject to sub-paragraph (b) and,(...) the red signal shall convey the
prohibition that vehicular traffic shall not proceed beyond the stop line