Old April 22nd 04, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
simon simon is offline

Default Trafalgar Square tube station?

Hi everyone.

I've been reading the latest edition of London's Underground. Having
known nothing of the capital's tube system, it has been a very good
read. One thing puzzles me though - on an old map in the book there is
marked Trafalgar Square station, I think, on the Bakerloo. On modern
maps, this station no longer exists. Strangely, in an appendix listing
service dates of disused/abandoned stations, it isn't mentioned. I may
be mistaken, but in the mid-60's, I vaguely remember my parents taking
me to visit Trafalgar Square and then getting the tube from here home.
Any information to satisfy my curiosity would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Simon.