Old October 10th 14, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Improving public transport access to London's airports

On 2014-10-10 11:08:02 +0000, Mizter T said:

No chance, for the many for whom that's not an option. As Paul has said
in the past on here, the direction for Oyster seems likely to be a mark
II version which is account based rather than card based.

Possibly. But I think the banks will start providing far more
contactless pre-paid cards of various types, which will provide a
reasonable alternative. Then no need for TfL to get involved in
handling the money. This might tend more towards 10 years, though.

So it can be done in one transaction, rather than two? (i.e. bus + train)

True, though paying the bus driver doesn't take long, and on a service
with long layovers at both ends doesn't delay anything. Its biggest
problem might I suppose well be people coming out of the airport with
large notes, which I guess is a case for making it free again. I
wonder how profitable it is?

Also the Super Off-peak tickets including the shuttle bus do offer a saving.

I stand corrected, I thought all tickets just had the SDS/SDR/SOR added
on, like PlusBus.

Neil
--
Neil Williams