Old October 10th 14, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Improving public transport access to London's airports

In message , at 15:14:50 on Fri, 10 Oct
2014, Mizter T remarked:
For arriving easyjet passengers heading to central London, I think
that (at least for those sans Railcard) the cheapest option is to buy
the ticket they sell onboard.

Time to post this from Luton Airport Parkway again:

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/no-easyjet-tickets.jpg

Although (1) they don't sell Easyjet tickets northbound as far as I know
(2) the main point of the picture was an empty platform at
13:54:31 when the train was signed as expected at 13:53,
originally scheduled for 13:51

I think all EMT trains are tagged with that. FWIW, though, most
tourists will be best served by using the far more frequent Thameslink.
(Do those tickets still exist with the change of operator? Do easyJet
even know the operator has changed? That could be fun )

It would appear that easyjet are on the ball:
http://buyonboard.easyjet.com/#tickets-travel

(well, up to a point - it shows the "GTR" logo for both Luton and
Gatwick tickets, which I'm pretty sure isn't part of the TOCs customer
facing identity)

Indeed, they replace the GTR on the banner with either "Thameslink" or
"Great Northern", as appropriate to the route.